When it comes to baby travel systems strollers, there are a lot of high-tech options for today’s parents. But as expensive as those travel systems strollers may be, it’s easy to forget that they’re meant to be used as much as possible.
Sure, there are some perks to using a fancy stroller over a regular one. But parents don’t necessarily need those extra features to help them with their baby’s travel needs. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 baby travel systems strollers.
- What is a Travel System Stroller?
- When Do You Need a Travel System?
- How Do I Choose a Stroller? (Buying guide)
- Top 10 Baby Travel Systems Strollers Review
- 1. Best Long-Term Travel System: Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
- 2. Best Value Travel System: Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Baby Travel System
- 3. Best Luxury Travel System: UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Stroller
- 4. Most Versatile Travel System: Britax B-Free Sport & B-Safe Gen2 Flexfit+ Travel System
- 5. Best All-Terrain Travel System: Doona Infant Car Seat & Stroller Travel System
- 6. Best Travel System for a Growing Family: Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System with SafeMax Infant Car Seat
- 7. Parent Favorite Travel System: Baby Trend Expedition GLX Jogger Travel System
- 8. Easiest to Fold Travel System: Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System with Infant Car Seat
- 9. Lightweight and Easy to Fold: Baby Jogger City Mini GT Travel System
- 10. Most Affordable Travel System: Maxi-Cosi Adorra 5-in-1 Modular Travel System with Infant Car Seat
- Is Graco better than Chicco?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Best Baby Travel Systems Strollers
What is a Travel System Stroller?
A baby travel system stroller is a combination of a stroller and a car seat. They come with a bassinet for infants and a forward-facing car seat where you can put your child.
In detail, Travel systems strollers are lightweight and very compact and can be easily folded and stored. They are designed for easy carrying and maneuverability and to keep the baby and toddler comfortable.
Most travel systems strollers come with a seat that can be fixed or can be easily adjusted. Travel systems strollers also feature a bassinet that is usually fixed at the middle of the seat and an additional seat that can be fixed or easily adjusted.
When Do You Need a Travel System?
When should you purchase your stroller? This is a frustrating question for new parents, because it doesn’t have a single right answer. It’s a little more complicated than that! Here are some factors that you should consider when trying to decide when you need a travel system:
- Stroller shopping can be one of the more exhausting parts of planning a baby’s first family vacation. To make it more fun, start with a travel system.
- How many people are in your family? Travel systems aren’t a good choice for families with only one child. If you have a baby and a toddler, a travel system can help you to have a little more privacy when out and about.
- How long do you plan to travel with your child? If you plan on traveling for a few days at a time with your child, a travel system can be a good option.
How Do I Choose a Stroller? (Buying guide)
The baby stroller is an essential piece of equipment for parents who are traveling with their little bundle of joy. When it comes to finding a stroller, we have created a list of criteria to consider when buying a baby travel system stroller:
- JPMA safety: First of all, you have to think about safety. So, you have to check, does it meet US safety standards? And check the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association’s (JPMA) safety seal on the packaging.
- Recline function: Much like the recline function of the couch and the recline function of the bed, parents need a satisfying recline function for their baby’s travel system stroller. We would think would be important for a good recline function to be included in a baby travel system stroller. Cause, a newborn baby can’t sit up or hold their heads up by themself.
- Easy to fold and unfold: When you’re traveling with your baby, you want to be sure that your stroller can meet all your needs. A good stroller should be easy to fold and unfold.
- Easy to assemble: An easy to assemble stroller is nice to have, but not absolutely necessary; no matter how easy it is to put together, consider whether you really need it.
- Easy-to-install car seat: Choosing the right stroller with an infant car seat can provide a stressful experience for new parents, especially when shopping online. Car seats are relatively easy to install and popular for good reason: they make long car rides much more comfortable for babies by preventing them from moving around in the car.
- Multiple seating options: When you are planning to purchase a baby stroller check the seating options. A stroller with multiple seating options will give you a hassle-free trip. You don’t have to worry about that you will travel by car or plane or walk through the park.
- Comfortable: A most comfortable stroller must be needed for your baby. So, check how comfortable is it before purchase.
- Reasonable price: Nowadays, it seems like if you want to buy a baby stroller, you may need to spend a large chunk of money, if you don’t know the correct price. There are so many models and brands to choose from and their prices are also different depending on the features. So, be sure, which brand will give you a stroller with better features at a reasonable price.
- Lightweight and easy to transport: When you’re out and about with your baby on a regular basis, you’ll need a stroller for transporting your little one. For this purpose, you need a traditional, lightweight stroller or a more compact one, that will give you a guarantee to transport easily.
- Easy to operate: Try to purchase a baby travel stroller that is easy to operate.
- Easy to store: Before choosing an infant stroller and car seat, It is better to measure your car’s seat to confirm the size of the infant car seat that will fit perfectly. And also check and ensure which one will be easy to store in the car and room.
- Good quality: Choosing a stroller can be a daunting task. There is a wide range of models available, both under and over-priced, and it can be hard to know what to look for. Apart from that ensure a good quality stroller for your baby.
- Good durability: Durability is the measure of the ability of an object to retain its basic properties over time. All products should have some level of durability to ensure they last for a certain amount of time. Good durability is important to purchase a baby stroller because strollers are usually used on a daily basis for several years.
- Good stroller wheels: Buying a baby stroller with good stroller wheels will make it easier to move around with your child. It will also ensure your child’s comfortable travel. So, don’t forget to think about the good wheels.
- Easy-to-clean: The easy to clean feature allows you to take the stroller apart and clean it completely after using it. So, ensure its fabric cover and frames are easy to clean.
Top 10 Baby Travel Systems Strollers Review
Choosing a stroller can be difficult. There are tons of new models to choose from, and there are so many questions to ask yourself before you purchase one. So, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 strollers, each one with its own unique features, to help you choose.
1. Best Long-Term Travel System: Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
Travel in style with this travel system stroller that combines the all-terrain performance of the Chicco Bravo infant car seat with the convenience of a full-size stroller in one package.
The Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System comes with a removable, washable seat pad and an adjustable canopy with a built-in extendable sun visor. A parent tray with two cup holders, a covered storage compartment for small items, a child’s tray with a cup holder, and a toy hook are provided.
The fashionable stroller has a large under-seat storage basket that can be accessed from the front or the back of the stroller. The Bravo Trio Travel System is compatible with the Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seats and has a one-hand, easy, convenient folding system.
Super-padded, multi-position seat with a three-position recline adjusts to your growing baby’s needs. The car seat features a quick-adjust harness to grow with your baby, advanced side impact protection, and a self-leveling base.
- UPF-Rated, large adjustable Canopy
- Large Storage Basket
- Three Position adjustable handle
- Three Recline Positions
- Easy to remove fabrics
2. Best Value Travel System: Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Baby Travel System
The Graco FastAction Fold Jogger is an all-in-one jogger and stroller that has the versatility to grow with your child. The full-size bassinet can be used until your baby reaches the upper weight limit for the seat, and the seat can be used until your child reaches a height of 32″.
The Graco FastAction Fold Jogger is ready to take you on your next family adventure, whether that’s around the block or around the globe! It’s the only jogging stroller that folds with one hand, so it’s easy to store and transport.
This Graco baby travel system gives you everything you need to enjoy an active lifestyle with your little one. The stroller features a multi position seat that reclines, a child’s snack tray with cup holder, a removable parent console with cup holder.
Take your baby along for the ride with this Graco Jogger Travel System, which combines a lightweight stroller with a SnugRide 35 infant car seat to create a complete travel system. The included car seat provides a safe place for your little one to rest, and the stroller features a quick fold and smooth-rolling performance to make getting out and about even easier.
- Washable and removable seat cushion.
- Easy to clean stroller frame and seat pad.
- Easy & quick one-hand folding system.
- Air filled rubber tires and locking front swivel wheels.
3. Best Luxury Travel System: UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Stroller
The UppaBaby VISTA V2 stroller has become one of the most iconic strollers on the market because it offers features that are not found in its competitors. This best baby stroller is simple, stylish, safe, and reliable. This UPPAbaby stroller is loaded with features that are all designed to make your life easier.
This lightweight, compact stroller features an adjustable suspension system and air-filled softer tires.
We absolutely love this stroller. It was a bit of a challenge to put together, but it is super easy to use. It is strong, sturdy, and very comfortable. The storage baskets are generous in size and nice convenience.
This stroller has an aluminum frame in a brand-new style that is even sleeker than before. You will appreciate the improved handling and overall maneuverability that this stroller offers.
- Two parent-facing, forward reclining seats.
- Two MESA Infant Car seats.
- Standalone standing system when folded.
- Extra-large, 30 pounds capacity basket.
- Easy to remove and clean mattress pad.
4. Most Versatile Travel System: Britax B-Free Sport & B-Safe Gen2 Flexfit+ Travel System
The B-Free and B-Safe Travel Systems both offer a full set of features to make your life easier. The B-Safe Gen2 offers a SafeCell Impact Protection System, Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicators, Click & Safe SuperCinch LATCH Tightener, and a Click & B-Safe Gen2 FlexFit+ infant car seat.
The FlexFit+ car seat can act as a stand-alone car seat, or it can be used with the B-safe infant carrier to create the ultimate travel system. The B-safe infant carrier can be moved to different Britax strollers, allowing you to create the perfect travel system for you.
Britax B-Free Sport & B-Safe Gen2 Flexfit+ travel system accommodates a range of babies from newborn to toddler. The Click & Go adapters are designed for a quick and reliable connection to the stroller.
- Newborn to 50 pounds capacity travel system.
- One-hand easy folding system.
- Front access extra-large storage basket.
- 7 storage pockets.
- Easy to carry lightweight aluminum frame.
5. Best All-Terrain Travel System: Doona Infant Car Seat & Stroller Travel System
The Infant Car Seat & Stroller Travel System by Doona is the ideal travel system for active families who want an infant car seat and stroller in one.
The Doona Infant Car Seat & Stroller Travel System is a smart stroller and car seat solution for parents who want to make the most of every moment. It’s a complete travel system that can be used from birth to 35 pounds. It’s a smarter way to travel. With a lightweight, compact fold, the Doona is easy to carry and fits in any car.
It easily transitions from the car to the stroller with an adjustable handlebar. The Doona stroller includes easy to flip integrated wheels that provides easy maneuverability and has a one-hand quick fold that allows for effortless travel and storage. The Doona stroller features a multi-position reclining seat and a multi-position canopy.
- Quick and Easy to transform from Car Seat to Stroller.
- Removable and washable textiles, materials are safe for baby.
- Only rear-facing infant car seat included.
- Lightweight and compact stroller travel system.
6. Best Travel System for a Growing Family: Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System with SafeMax Infant Car Seat
As a parent, you want to provide your child with the safest, finest, and most convenient products that you can. Especially when it comes to getting from place to place. The Grow and Go travel system by Evenflo is a great example of a product that combines travel comfort with safety.
It is a modular system that easily converts from a stroller to a travel system. You can easily switch from a single to a double stroller by easy slide and lock system expands frame.
This Grow and Go travel system also includes a SafeMax infant car seat, so your child can be transported safely from there to his or her stroller. It has a full suspension that makes it easy to push and maneuver.
The Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System creates the perfect union of comfort, convenience and style. It’s the only travel system that allows you to choose your configuration and grow along with your child.
The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is the best travel system stroller. It offers a soft, comfortable ride for your child, with all the features you need, including a rear-facing infant car seat, a compact fold, ﬂex-hold cup holder, and a large storage basket.
- Easy to transform from single to double seats stroller for two toddler or infant.
- Compact and self-standing fold.
- Four modes of use.
- Over 2-feet extra-large storage basket.
- Three positions reclining toddler seat.
7. Parent Favorite Travel System: Baby Trend Expedition GLX Jogger Travel System
The Baby Trend Expedition GLX Jogger is a three-wheeler that’s the perfect way to get you and your baby out and about. This stroller comes with a large basket under the seat that holds all of your baby’s essential gear. It has a five-point safety harness, and a multi-position seat that reclines for naps. The pneumatic tires and suspension system make for a smooth ride on a variety of surfaces.
The Jogger Travel System is a parent’s dream come true. This top rated travel system includes a full-featured stroller and a safe, comfortable car seat that can be used from birth to toddlerhood.
It boasts a jogging design that makes it a perfect companion for a run or walks during the day or for a jog at night. The lightweight car seat easily snaps into the stroller and will keep your baby safe.
Lightweight and streamlined design travel system you can navigate with ease. The front swivel wheel allows for maximum maneuverability, and the quick fold mechanism provides convenient storage. This stroller is ideal for parents who want a travel system that is lightweight and offers a smooth ride.
This Baby Trend Jogger Travel System includes the 3 wheels jogger which features-
- An adjustable handlebar for added comfort.
- A parent tray with 2 cup holders.
- A child’s tray with 2 cup holders.
- An adjustable canopy for sun or rain coverage.
- A large storage basket, and
- Front swiveling wheels.
8. Easiest to Fold Travel System: Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System with Infant Car Seat
It has an Onboard 35 LT infant car seat and a stroller that work together. The parent company, Safety 1st, makes a variety of products that help parents with their children.
The Smooth Ride travel system is all about making travel with your baby more convenient. With the included infant car seat, it is one of the strollers that allow you to safely transfer your sleeping infant from car to stroller. You’ll also appreciate the roomy, multi-position seat and the convenient storage basket under the seat.
The Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System is the perfect way to bring your baby along for the ride. The convenient stroller easily converts to a travel system for your growing child.
- Lightweight and 1-hand fold.
- Easy to carry, and ready to carry on airplane.
- Parent’s tray with two cup holders.
- Adjustable harness heights, up to 50 pounds capacity.
- JPMA certified travel system.
9. Lightweight and Easy to Fold: Baby Jogger City Mini GT Travel System
The ultimate combination of fashion and function, the City Mini GT travel system and car seat set are designed to perfectly complement each other and your stylish lifestyle.
With a car seat that can be removed from the stroller and used as a standalone car seat. The City GO infant car seat features a full adjustable UV 50+ sun canopy that provides sun protection, as well as a recline that can be adjusted to different positions.
The City Mini GT stroller is the best-selling stroller, now with an adjustable handlebar that allows you to set it at the perfect height for you. Enjoy all the comfort, convenience, and maneuverability of the City Mini, plus an adjustable handle for a more customized fit.
- One hand, quick-fold technology.
- Lightweight and easy to travel.
- EVA wheels.
10. Most Affordable Travel System: Maxi-Cosi Adorra 5-in-1 Modular Travel System with Infant Car Seat
The Maxi-Cosi Adorra is a 5-in-1 Modular travel system that includes a full-size stroller, a reversible stroller seat, a full-size bassinet, and a full-size Mico Max 30 infant car seat.
In addition, the stroller is equipped with a quick-fold mechanism for easy, compact storage and a large storage basket. The stroller seat is reversible and has a multi-position recline with one-handed, adjustable leg rest. At the push of a button, the seat can be reclined to a flat position and the seat back is removable and includes a child safety
The Adorra’s components are designed to grow with your child to provide a stylish, innovative, all-in-one travel system that will last for years. The stroller has travel system compatibility, a lockable front swivel wheel.
- Machine washable Adorra stroller and car seat pads.
- Removable fabrics that easy to clean.
- Five modes of use.
- Flip-out visor to protect UV.
Is Graco better than Chicco?
Graco and Chicco both travel systems are almost the same. If you are looking for affordable overall baby travel systems, Graco is for you. Chicco travel system stroller is a little higher-end and more gorgeous.
Graco makes Graco SnugRide Classic Connect Infant Car Seat. It has a unique, built-in lock-off system. It includes a Click Connect Performance Base, which ensures an easy installation every time.
Chicco makes different products for babies. There are products made for newborns. There are others for babies who are just learning to crawl. Some products are designed for very young children who are learning how to walk.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Baby Travel Systems Strollers
For a parent, who is looking for the most dependable baby travel system, the most highly rated baby travel system brands are Chicco, Graco, Baby Trend, Evenflo.
Before you purchase a stroller, you should consider your budget and how much use you will get out of it. Cheap strollers made of plastic and aluminum may not last as long as strollers made of metal and other materials. You can expect to pay from $125 to $1000 for a baby travel system based on the brand and type of stroller.
No, there is no expiration date. Strollers are designed to be used for only a few years before they are replaced by another baby. But inspect your stroller for signs of wear and tear, including exposed foam, exposed fabric, exposed metal, or broken plastic wheels.
Strollers last from two years to a lifetime depending on the use of the stroller and the age, weight of your baby. The travel system stroller is also good to repair if you can include the latest safety features.
Graco is a manufacturer of baby strollers and sells a variety of travel systems. It is a popular brand of Infant car seats and travel system strollers. We recommend the Graco travel system, they are very easy to set up, they are lightweight and easy to fold, they are also great for toddlers.
The Kardashians have used the Orbit Baby Stroller with Infant Car Seat for their kids. This stroller can be found at Amazon. Nuna Mixx is also a popular stroller that many celebrities like to use.
UPPAbaby strollers are easy to use, lightweight, and ergonomic. They are convenient to fold that making them great for travel. They are easy to steer, have an adjustable handlebar, and are well-ventilated. It offers side-by-side or front-facing options for parents. So, UPPAbaby strollers are worth the price.
In conclusion, I hope this article has given you insight on the best travel systems strollers. My favorite one is the Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System; its lightweight compact design and versatility make it a good travel system. If you are looking for an easy-to-operate stroller, with many features, you should consider purchasing one of the top 10 travel systems strollers with an infant car seat.