It’s no secret that hospitality is one of the most profitable industries in the world. Even though there are different types of hospitality establishments, most of them are open with the same objective: to create an environment that is enjoyable for its guests.
There are lots of awards in the Hospitality Industry. Some are for specific categories, while others are for the entire industry. In this article, we are compiling a list of the top 10 awards in hospitality industry.
People work in the Hospitality Industry for many reasons. Human Resources staff works to maintain a happy, productive staff. Restaurant Managers need to be able to manage their staff and provide great customer service. Hotels and restaurants need to be staffed with employees who are ready to serve the public.
Hospitality Industry is a large category of service field. The industry includes lodging, event planning, food and drink service, travel and tourism agencies, theme parks, hotels, restaurants, etc.
Some of the Most Common Categories in Hospitality Industry:
- Cruise Lines
- Golf Clubs
- VIP Figures
- Luxury Products
Hotel companies are always looking for ways to improve their services and differentiate themselves from their competition. To truly get your hotel company noticed, you have to give them a reason too.
Let’s see, how to begin. For a confident start, let’s take a look at the top 10 awards in hospitality industry, shall we?
List of the Top 10 Awards in Hospitality Industry
1. International Hotel Awards (Hotel and Apartment)
The International Hotel Awards are considered the most prestigious hotel awards in the world. It is based on the international hotel industry’s understanding of the best hotels worldwide. It is the only global award that recognizes the achievements of all hoteliers, from the CEO to the cleaner, from the receptionist to the chef.
Some of the names of the Hotel Awards are here:
- The International Star Diamond Award
- World Luxury Hotel Awards
- Best Airport Hotel
- Best Convention Hotel
- Best Sustainable Hotel
- Business Hotel of the Year
- MICE Hotel of the Year
- Daily Mail UK Property Awards
- CNBC Arabia Arabian Properties Awards
- New Hotel of the Year
- Best Hotel Group Website
- Best Hotel Website
2. Grand Prix Worldwide Hospitality Awards
The annual Grand Prix Worldwide Hospitality Awards recognize and reward those establishments that go above and beyond in their hospitality to race fans.
3. Best Guest Experience Award
The Best Guest Experience Award is an annual award that gives to the industry’s most outstanding customer service operation. Award winners are chosen after a thorough review of customer service as it relates to a holistic set of criteria, including the quality of the customer care provided, the quality of the communications between the customer and the supplier, and the overall impression of the guests’ experience.
4. Best Initiative in Sustainable Development & Social Responsibility Award
The Best Initiative in Sustainable Development & Social Responsibility Awards are given annually to recognize businesses that are making great strides in their communities, the environment, and the world. This award is given to initiatives that are making a difference in one or more of the following themes: Sustainable Development & Social Responsibility, Environment, Health, Education, Culture & Heritage, Mobility, Sustainability for the benefit of the local population.
5. Best Professional Success Award
The Best Professional Success Award is given to the best in the hospitality industry, and the winners are chosen based on the success and quality of works that they show throughout their years in the industry.
6. The Caterer and Hotelkeeper Awards
The Caterer and Hotelkeeper Award is the UK’s premier accolade for the hospitality and catering industry. The awards are given annually to the best operator’s hotels, businesses in the UK, and across industry sectors, including major hotels, country houses, restaurants, catering, and catering equipment suppliers.
7. The Gold List by Conde Nast Traveler
So, how many countries have you been to? Maybe you’ve been to half the places that the Traveler’s Gold list has. If you haven’t, it’s time to go look them up.
There are hundreds, maybe thousands of places to see—and the Traveler’s Gold list is our guidebook. It’s a list of the “best” resorts, restaurants, spas, beaches, palaces, city centers, and what have you. It’s like Oscars for the Hotel industry. The list is published every year by the Conde Nast Traveller.
8. The Worldwide Hospitality Awards
The Worldwide Hospitality Awards is a global recognition ceremony for the best and most innovative hotels and resorts. The awards are based on a wide range of criteria and are considered by leading travel and lifestyle professionals and media worldwide. The Worldwide Hospitality Awards are Europe’s leading award for Luxury Hotels, Spas, Resorts, Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Day Spas, Night Spas, Wedding Venues, Restaurants, Bars and Clubs.
9. The CHTP of the year award
CHTP of the year award is given to Certified Hospitality Technology Professional who get the highest score on the CHTP exam.
The purpose of this change is to provide additional recognition to the industry professionals, who contribute to the success of today’s hospitality technology.
10. Restaurant & Bar Design Awards
The Restaurant & Bar Design Awards are awarded annually by Marco Rebora in 2008 in the United Kingdom. The awards are judged by a panel of expert designers, restauranteurs, chefs. This award is for the design and architecture of food and beverage spaces internationally.
List of The Name of Best Hospitality Awards in the World:
- Art Hotel of the Year
- Award for Excellent Hotelier
- Award for Excellent Service Residence
- Best “WOW Effect!”
- Best Apart Hotel
- Best Bar in A Hotel
- Best Boutique Hotel
- Best Business Hotel
- Best Concept
- Best Country Hotel
- Best Design Hotel
- Best Digital Transformation
- Best Eco Hotel
- Best Family Hotel
- Best Golf Hotel
- Best Historical Hotel
- Best Hostel
- Best Initiative in Human Resources and Talent Management
- Best Innovation in an Educational Programme
- Best Innovative Hotel
- Best Luxury Hotel
- Best Marketing Operation
- Best Medical Hotel
- Best Mice Hotel
- Best Resort Hotel
- Best Restaurant in A Hotel
- Best Ski Hotel
- Best Small City Hotel
- Best Sport Hotel
- Best Storytelling and Communication Campaign
- Best Wedding & Honeymoon Venue
- Best Wellness Hotel
- Employee / Team of the Year
- Excellent Hotel Owner Representative
- Family-Friendly Hotel of the Year
- Family-Friendly Serviced Apartment of the Year
- Getaway Hotel of the Year
- Health and Wellness Hotel of the Year
- Island Resort Hotel of the Year
- Landmark Hotel of the Year
- Luxury Hotel of the Year
- Manager of the Year
- Most Influential Hotel of the Year
- Outstanding City View of the Year
- Outstanding Hotel Design of the Year
- Outstanding Hotel Spa of the Year
- Outstanding Hotel Swimming Pool of the Year
- Outstanding Service Hotel of the Year
- The Most Highly Anticipated Hotel of the Year
- The Most Popular Hotel Product of the Year
- The Most Popular Residence for Long Stay Guests
- The Most Popular Serviced Apartment for Business Travelers
- The Most Popular Serviced Apartment for Long-Stay Guests
- The Most Promising Hotel Management Company of the Year
- Themed and Featured Hotel of the Year
- Urban Resort Hotel of the Year
In summary, it is evident that the hospitality industry is the most important service sector in the world. It is also one of the largest industries which provide some great services for the people. The award helps to bring the best of the services to the people. These are the top 10 awards in the Hospitality Industry that we mentioned. It is likely that you need to create a vision that assures your guests that you are working hard to improve your services. It is also quite significant to understand that the awards mean much to the business.